zondag 21 juni 2020

my Art 2020 na mi m.i.t.

The turbulent times we live in at the beginning of the third decade of  the 21st century include multiple wars in the Middle East, South America and Africa, a vicious viral Covid19 attack killing millions globally, an anti supremacist BlackLivesMatter global protest demanding an end to supremacist police violence, end to racism in the USA and everywhere else. The  increasing climatological disasters which can be credited to humans abusing nature to such a degree that freak storms, floodings, droughts , volcanic eruptions and melting Arctic ice caps have become the new normal.














At home in Covid 19 lockdown it is a blessing to have the materials such as paint, crayons,pencils at my disposal to find creative expression in these extremely  troublesome times.  I am an autodidact and  want to do the best I can when expressing myself in lines, colors and  textures. I don't always know what is inside, around or behind me but in the creative process I am open to what surfaces on paper. sometimes I know what I want to make and other times I move and play with the materials till I see some shape taking its course. These drawings were made in the month of June 2020 during a total lockdown which isolated me and many fellow citizens. They are colorful and at the same time breathe an air of floating loosely in space or captured in a cocoon from which there is no escape.
Martha Ilse Tjoe Nij. Twitter @soektsa  Email soektsaboskopu@gmail.com

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten